- Profiles in Heritage: This special section of the York Daily Record/Sunday News features local African-Americans who’ve made a difference. It was published for use in classrooms and community groups during February, Black History Month.
- 1969 York riots – A background on the deaths of Henry C. Schaad and Lillie Belle Allen: In the summers of 1968 and 1969, race riots raged in York, leaving dozens injured and two people dead. One was York Police Officer Henry C. Schaad, a 22-year-old white officer just 10 months on the job; the other was Lillie Belle Allen, a 27-year-old black woman from Aiken, S.C. This short introduction to their stories tells more about their lives and deaths – and the 2000 grand jury investigation into the murders.
- 1969 York riots – Timeline and map: This in-depth look at the 1969 race riots in York shows where key events took place and identifies key dates from then until the grand jury’s investigation and verdicts reached from 2000 to 2003.
- 1969 York riots – As He Lay Dying: This story by former York Daily Record/Sunday News opinion editor and writing coach Kim Strong details the life and death of Officer Henry C. Schaad.
- 1969 York riots – Silent No More: This piece was originally published in December 2002 as an eight-page special section of the York Daily Record. Also by Kim Strong, it details the murder of Lillie Belle Allen during the York riots of 1969 and the trial that ended 33 years later.
75 Years of Crispus Attucks